Geoffrey Wells's Reviews > The Road to Chapultepec Park: Surviving the Big Freeze

The Road to Chapultepec Park by Dan Mariani

In Dan Mariani’s devasting novel we find hope. It is the enduring faith in the future that drives Aaron, the protagonist through the Big Freeze. Despite Aaron’s M.I.T. credentials and his inside knowledge of climate change he too becomes a victim of the transformation of Earth. He is reduced to survival mode with his dog, a faithful companion. He must negotiate the new alliances that have turned nation states into feudal warring armies. Systems as we know them regarding food supply, infrastructure and societal norms have failed. The skies are fraught with toxic chemtrail-spewing weapons controlled by a delusional defense apparatus. Yet throughout, Aaron holds true as he battles his way from Boston to Chapultec Park somewhere in Mexico. This is a dystopian journey, and a cautionary tale that left me shaken and hoping that rational sciences-based facts will govern our decisions as a species.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Road to Chapultepec Park.

April 8, 2019 – Started Reading