Kahea's Reviews > Vermilion Lies

Vermilion Lies by L.D. Rose

4195039
***5 Stars***

I’ve been waiting for a minute for the next book in the series, especially with how Black Bullet ended, and Vermilion Lies did not disappoint! With a few pages things were off and running and I was all in to see what would happen between Dax and Cindel as what would happen to those they hunted, and who hunted them. It was dark, gritty, sweet and smexy and filled with character ~ the good, the bad and the ugly ~ that kept me turning the pages until the very end and has me wanting more.

I didn’t know what to make of Cindel in the beginning, she kind of had this dead woman/vamp walking thing going on, but her strong need to survive ~ no matter what that survival entailed ~ sparked my curiosity and I loved watching her become stronger as the story progressed and finding a sort of peace that broke through the darkness that had settled over her soul. Dax is all kinds of honorable, lethal alpha AF male and that isn’t afraid to put himself in situations that have a high chance of killing him, even with his special abilities. But his loyalty, not only to the cause, but his brothers makes it hard to not love him.

Dax and Cindel’s journey is definitely rocky, especially considering they are technically supposed to be enemies of the highest order, but the protector in Dax ~ along with that inexplicable pull between them ~ keeps them from going for each other’s throats...at least in violence. I liked how they got to know each other and saw exactly who the was (or could be) and found that inexplicable connection that neither could deny. With both of them fighting for their lives, they have quite a few obstacles to overcome, but I loved how they got their HEA in the end.

This was a great addition to the series and I loved how it gave closure to some issues even as it pushed the series forward with all the twists and turns that were dropped throughout the book. I loved catching up with the Knights and seeing where they are all at ~ whether they are coupled up or not ~ but Kayne kinda did it for me and I’m crossing my toes that we’ll see more of him as the series progresses. And as for that ending and tease of what to expect in the next book? Well...I cannot wait to get my hands in it to see just how it will all play out!

~ Copy provided by Social Butterfly PR & voluntarily reviewed ~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vermilion Lies.

April 7, 2019 – Started Reading