Rachel's Reviews > Nobody Does It Better

Nobody Does It Better by Lauren Blakely

bookshelves: 2019-favorites, arc-reads, read-in-2019

4.5+ stars

This is Shaw and Vanessa’s story and I couldn’t be happier! These two were teased in Best Laid Plans and The Feel Good Factor. Because Shaw’s sister is best friends with Vanessa, she was off limits and vice versa. Perri was worried her player of a brother would take advantage of and hurt her best friend, putting a strain on their friendship. But keeping their feelings bottled up for so long didn’t diminish them, it only made the attraction continue to simmer until the secret feelings were not so secret anymore.

I loved finally seeing what was between these two. They have known each other as long as Vanessa has been in Lucky Falls, and the feelings have been developing since adolescence. Seeing them together in the background of the other books only made me more curious as to what would happen if they ignored Perri’s wishes -- and when they did I loved every minute of it.

The setting was perfect for facing their feelings, and I couldn’t help but smile as I watched the situation set up. A night stranded in a cabin is nothing between friends, but is exactly what these two need to face what they’ve hidden for a decade.

While this was a fast read, it was thoroughly entertaining. Every moment had a purpose, with Shaw and Vanessa finally admitting the feelings they’ve hidden for so long. But even though they are finally being honest, there is still the unknown of what happens next. This was a low drama novella, with just the right amount of conflict and steam. I loved seeing the other couples from Lucky Falls again and getting this short wrap up of the entire group of friends.

I received a copy for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody Does It Better.

Started Reading