Holly B's Reviews > Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass

Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass by Heather Day Gilbert

bookshelves: cozy-mystery, enjoyed-the-characters, net-galley, read-in-2019, series

The first book in a new exotic pet sitter cozy mystery series.

Belinda Blake is a quirky, delightful character who works as an exotic pet sitter in Greenwich, Connecticut. She has just rented a carriage house next to a huge estate which is the home of the Carrington family.  It won't be long until she meets Stone Carrington the Fifth, the adult son of the family. She immediately melts a little bit.

Belinda is pet sitting a ball python for the moment and this made for some fun encounters. There is a lot of humor, an eccentric cast of characters, and a murder mystery that Belinda is determined to solve ( after   all, she did find the body in her garden).

Recommend to fans of cozy mystery stories. I thought it was very entertaining and will definitely want to grab the next in the series.

Thanks to NG and Kensington for my copy. Publishes on June 25,2019

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass.

April 7, 2019 – Shelved
May 31, 2019 –
page 125
June 3, 2019 –
page 250
"Quirky and adorable characters, exotic pet sitting and a murder in the garden."
June 4, 2019 – Shelved as: cozy-mystery
June 4, 2019 – Shelved as: enjoyed-the-characters
June 4, 2019 – Shelved as: net-galley
June 4, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
June 4, 2019 – Shelved as: series
June 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole H. I love snakes so I definitely need to check this out.

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin This sounds like a lot of fun, Holly. Nice review!

message 3: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Pet sitting a python doesn't sound all that cozy Holly!! Eeek! That said, your review is fabulous. :)

message 4: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Terrific review Holly! It’s been a while since I’ve read a cozy mystery! Glad you enjoyed!💜

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie This sounds good!! I need to back to reading cozies more often! Fantastic review, Holly!! 💕

Holly  B Nicole wrote: "I love snakes so I definitely need to check this out."

If you enjoy cozy mysteries, this is a good one Nicole!

Holly  B Paula wrote: "This sounds like a lot of fun, Holly. Nice review!"

Thanks Paula!

message 8: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fabulous review, Holly! Sounds like a fun one!

Holly  B Susanne wrote: "Pet sitting a python doesn't sound all that cozy Holly!! Eeek! That said, your review is fabulous. :)"

Haha those parts weren't so much, Thanks Susanne!

Holly  B Kaceey wrote: "Terrific review Holly! It’s been a while since I’ve read a cozy mystery! Glad you enjoyed!💜"

Yes, love the cozies. Thanks Kaceey!

Holly  B Julie wrote: "This sounds good!! I need to back to reading cozies more often! Fantastic review, Holly!! 💕"

Thanks Julie!

Holly  B Meredith wrote: "Fabulous review, Holly! Sounds like a fun one!"

Thanks Meredith!

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Ahh a cozy!!! This sounds so good, Holls--fabulous review!!! I wish I had gotten this one!

message 14: by Yun (new)

Yun Great review, Holly! This sounds like such a cute and quirky series. I'm always on the lookout for a great cozy mystery, so will check this one out for sure! :)

Holly  B Mackenzie - PhDiva Books wrote: "Ahh a cozy!!! This sounds so good, Holls--fabulous review!!! I wish I had gotten this one!"

It is a new cozy series Mack! I think you'd enjoy it xoxo

Holly  B Yun wrote: "Great review, Holly! This sounds like such a cute and quirky series. I'm always on the lookout for a great cozy mystery, so will check this one out for sure! :)"

Thanks Yun!

message 17: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!

message 18: by JV (semi-hiatus) (new)

JV (semi-hiatus) Wonderful review dear Holly! 😃

Holly  B Deanna wrote: "Great review!!"

Thanks Deanna!

Holly  B JV (semi-hiatus) wrote: "Wonderful review dear Holly! 😃"

Thanks so much JV!