DeeDee Scarberry's Reviews > Counted With the Stars

Counted With the Stars by Connilyn Cossette

Brought the accounts of the plagues in Egypt and the Exodus to life!

I absolutely LOVED this book! It gave me a glimpse into this time period that I’ve never had before. While I’m aware that it’s historical fiction and some of it was left to the author’s imagination, it allowed me to get a better idea of what the people may have experienced during these huge events.

It’s easy to read through the plagues in the Bible. While knowing they were awful, I never put that much thought into them. But reading descriptive details about what that might have been like was so fascinating!

And then reading about what it might have been like for real life people to be fearfully waiting for the angel of death to come and Passover those covered by the blood; terrifying yet very interesting.

And I was just in awe putting myself in the position of these people who really thought that God had brought them out to the desert to die, because there was no logical way of escape, yet He parted the sea and did the impossible for them, over and over again.

I loved the characters and the storyline... just everything. I was so drawn in and at times could not put it down! I highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Counted With the Stars.

April 7, 2019 – Started Reading