Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > The Tycoon's Vacation

The Tycoon's Vacation by Melody Anne

it was ok

Struggled to finish

This was my second read in this series, and is likely to be my last. I struggled to finish this one, but momma didn't raise no quitter. So here we are.
I didn't feel any suspense or action in this book. And where the first book was at least (one-sidedly) an enemies-to-lovers this one was just (again, one-sidedly) reluctant and scared-to-lovers. It didn't give any urgency. I found it to be dull. I need some intrigue! Some suspense! Without that, what other than a pathological need to complete something will get me to finish the book? The answer is: nothing. I had no desire to finish this book. I made myself do it.
I found the reason Trinity was mad at Drew to be weak. I'm sure almost any man who met a woman in a situation like that would lie. Unless he was only trying to get her into bed, of course. Outside of that, lying would make the woman get to know him as a person, not as a billionaire executive. That changes things- either dollar signs flash in the eyes, the woman becomes intimidated, or perhaps she even decides to bail due to a stereotypical distrust of wealthy men (which would have been my move). If I were Drew I would have lied, too. And he didn't lie for a nefarious reason- it is understandable to want to be just "Drew" and not "Drew, the billionaire resort owner." Trinity held her grudge ENTIRELY too long. She assigned a disproportionate amount of distrust.
Anyway, I did not personally enjoy this book. The writing was decent, but it meandered along like a lazy river, and unfortunately I was bored.

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tycoon's Vacation.

April 6, 2019 – Shelved