Cheryl's Reviews > The Murder Game

The Murder Game by Beverly Barton

Jul 20, 2008

FBI agent Nicole and Private investigator Griffin thought when they ended the Beauty Queen killer that the nightmares would end but they were wrong…dead wrong. Nicole Baxter and Griffin Powell team up once again to stop a serial killer only this time it wasn’t by choice. They both received a personal invite by the killer himself. Nicole and Griffin will do everything in their powers to put a final stop to the madness.

The killer or as he likes to call himself “the hunter” is glad that both Griffin and Nicole have accepted his challenge. He was ready for a new and worthy opponent to hunt and he has just the perfect prey in FBI agent Baxter. The hunter likes to play with his victims first by letting the women experience temporary freedom and then hunting them down for the ultimate kill. Also this killer scalps the women for trophies. Agent Baxter’s scalp will be his pride and glory.

The Murder Game is the second book in this series. The Dying Game is the first. Though I have not read The Dying Game yet, you don’t necessarily have to read it in order to enjoy The Murder Game. It’s been a little while since I have read a Beverly Barton book and after reading The Murder Game a book that I have been wanting to read for a little bit now, I am excited to say I won’t let another long period go by again without reading one of Ms. Barton’s books again. Once I started this book I had a very hard time wanting to put it down. It moved at a great pace. The way the killer took on his prey was very sinister and I loved it. I am already on the hunt for the next book I am going to read by Ms. Barton.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murder Game.