Karen's Reviews > For the Love of Books: Stories of Literary Lives, Banned Books, Author Feuds, Extraordinary Characters, and More

For the Love of Books by Graham Tarrant

190448

liked it

3.5 stars. As a person who loves reading and books, I knew there was no chance this book would not be enjoyable for me. In my family, we have books that we like to keep in the car because they are perfect books for reading in snippets and it gives us the joy of having an option in case we find ourselves stuck somewhere and with nothing to read. This is a perfect car book.

This book is organized by themes and each theme has lots and lots of snippets of stories about different books or authors. Each story is about a paragraph or a page. It's not an essay collection, it's not the author's feelings or thoughts about these stories, it's the stories themselves. For me, this was perfect.

I was reading my book over 4th of July and had family visiting. There were so many fascinating bits in here that I couldn't stop quoting them out loud to my family. If you're a book nerd and like reading about authors, the stories behind the books or the characters, I have no doubt that you'll find something to treasure in this book.

Thank you to netgalley and Skyhorse Publishing for an advanced copy in return for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Love of Books.

April 6, 2019 – Shelved