Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Strike

Strike by Jay Marie

Unbelievable!

What a ride! Sweet Jesus, this book. I have whiplash myself from the mood swings and back and forth exhibited by Darren. At one point Jaden accuses Darren of not knowing what he wants from her, and I have to agree. Poor Jaden is dealing with a moving target. It isn't possible to satisfy someone whose idea of satisfaction is constantly shifting. He wants the impossible- for her to maintain her fire, fight, and hatred, but also for her to be submissive to him. She is set up for failure. And doesn't he love it when she fails.

There are so many surprises and adventures in this book. Multiple trips to alternate locations presenting new security concerns as well as opportunities for craziness. Introductions of new characters and enemies, but also inclusion of some previous characters.

My heart was racing! My head spinning! I stayed up reading until my body passed out, picking the book back up in the morning. Ignoring my house. Hardly eating. I HAD to finish! I HAD to know! And now? I will social-stalk Jay Marie at least as bad as before, praying book five doesn't have the same lead time as book four. Because, lord help me, I can't take the suspense!

This book, as have others in this series, made me FEEL. I felt happiness and victory. I felt sadness and fury. I felt shock. Nausea. A full range of emotions.

I have seen responses from this author on her reader page that this series won't be the end of her writing, and I couldn't be happier. I am bummed that this world will come to an end after one more book, but so thrilled that she will share other stories with us in the future. Her writing is that addictive. Every book in this series has been a no-question five-star favorite, and I will definitely be re-reading this whole series again and again.

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strike.

April 6, 2019 – Shelved