Marybeth's Reviews > Hand in Glove

Hand in Glove by Ngaio Marsh

I really enjoyed this one, despite the rather unlikable secondary characters this time around. One of my pet peeves is having to read a character who starts and stops while speaking, which means that I took a violent dislike to Mr. Period right away. His speaking style made me feel like I was being pulled in multiple directions at once, which was extremely distracting. The only likable characters, other than Alleyn, Fox, et. al, were Nicola and Andrew, which is typical of Marsh's stories. We can always count on her to have one young couple falling in love who are safe from being suspected of the crime. I enjoy that part of her stories because it gives me something to hang onto when I feel like I'm floundering in nasty personalities. This one had far too many nasties for my taste, and some of them, like Moppet and Leonard, didn't get nearly what they deserved at the end. Although the plot itself was certainly interesting, I'd recommend it mainly for Alleyn's part in it, if for nothing else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hand in Glove.

March 30, 2019 – Started Reading