Eve (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Breakdown

Breakdown by Aly Zigada

bookshelves: july-5-star-reads

description
description So where do I begin? ๐Ÿ˜ Honestly, I haven't been this ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ณ with a debut book in a very ๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…– time. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ The writing was ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต. ๐Ÿ‘ It was well paced. ๐Ÿ‘ It is quite a long book (๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ) but I never got ๐Ÿ…‘๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…ก๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…“ or felt the need to skim. ๐Ÿ‘ The plot was โ‚ตโฑคโ‚ณโฑซษŽ engaging. ๐Ÿ‘€ There was Aฬฝอ“ Lฬฝอ“Oฬฝอ“Tฬฝอ“ going on in this book. ๐Ÿ™ˆ Lies โœ” Sex ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ…ฑ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ†ˆ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ป ๐Ÿ˜  Cheating ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Talk of racism ๐Ÿ˜  สสŠส€ษ–ษ›ส€ ๐Ÿ”ช Drugs ๐Ÿ’Š Forgiveness ๐Ÿ’— A fight for a lฬณeฬณgฬณaฬณcฬณyฬณ ๐ŸŽค Both the plot and characters were just so ๐Ÿ…ฆ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…› ๐Ÿ…“๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…ฅ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…Ÿ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…“ and intriguing. ๐Ÿ‘ You could tell the author did her homeworkโ—

description

Which brings me to the โ‚ตโฑงโ‚ณโฑคโ‚ณโ‚ตโ‚ฎษ†โฑคโ‚ด themselves. ๐Ÿ‘ซ As with the plot there is Aฬฝอ“ Lฬฝอ“Oฬฝอ“Tฬฝอ“ going on here with multiple different characters. ๐Ÿ’ž The main ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ centers on ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ…ท๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ด and ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ฒ๐Ÿ†„๐Ÿ†‚ ๐Ÿ’‘ Both flawed. Both angry. ๐Ÿ˜  Both hurt. ๐Ÿ’” Yet both SO pโ™ฅeโ™ฅrโ™ฅfโ™ฅeโ™ฅcโ™ฅt for each other that you can't help but route for them. ๐Ÿ™Œ Along for the ride are ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ต secondary characters. ๐Ÿ‘ค๐Ÿ‘ค๐Ÿ‘ค๐Ÿ‘ค Some you'll love. ๐Ÿ’— Some you'll hate. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Some remain a mystery. โ“ A couple will feature in the next book (and I have โฑซษ†โฑคร˜ idea how this author will get me to like either of them). ๐Ÿ˜’ Last, this was all wrapped up with a satisfying ending for ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ…ท๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ด and ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ฒ๐Ÿ†„๐Ÿ†‚, but the overall story will ๐–ˆ๐–”๐–“๐–™๐–Ž๐–“๐–š๐–Š into book two. ๐Ÿ‘€ And you can bet you ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…ข๐Ÿ…ข this reader will be first in line to get her grubby little hands on it! ๐Ÿ™Œ

description BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST

117 likes ·  โˆ™ flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakdown.

April 6, 2019 – Shelved
April 6, 2019 – Shelved as: june-arcs-to-review
June 22, 2019 – Shelved as: july-arcs-to-review
July 11, 2019 – Started Reading
July 13, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "Going in! This is a "stepping out" challenge book for me and I am hoping there isn't too much OW stuff in it. Fingers crossed...๐Ÿ™"
July 13, 2019 – Finished Reading
July 23, 2019 – Shelved as: july-5-star-reads

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by CC (new)

CC Fab review, Eve!

message 2: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review darling ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’•

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews I'm scared just reading the review. I don't think I'd survive it

KAT โ™• Kitty Kats Crazy About Books โ™• Kickass review!! Damnit can't believe I didn't sign up for this one!! โค๏ธŽ

Eve (Between The Bookends) CC wrote: "Fab review, Eve!"

โ€ hฮฑฮทฮบ ฯˆโŠ•u! ๐Ÿ’•

Eve (Between The Bookends) Judith wrote: "Great review darling ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’•"

Tิ‹ฮฑษณฦ™ แƒงฯƒฯ…, Lฯƒส‹าฝ! ๐Ÿ’•

Eve (Between The Bookends) ~Nichole~ Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews wrote: "I'm scared just reading the review. I don't think I'd survive it"

๐Ÿ˜‚ I already spoke to GI about it. My main issue that would come into lay for the "safety" people is you kind of have to read the second book since the overall story continues, but everyone will have an issue with the hero of that book because of his actions in THIS book. ๐Ÿ˜’

But if you want to take a chance and step outside your box (which is why I signed up for this one) then you'll be in for a fantastic read! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Eve (Between The Bookends) KAT โ™• Kitty Kats Crazy About Books โ™• wrote: "Kickass review!! Damnit can't believe I didn't sign up for this one!! โค๏ธŽ"

๐Ÿ˜ฒ I think you'd love this one! Maybe try the author? She is a sweetheart! ๐Ÿ’—

message 9: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Eve :)

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Great review Eve ๐Ÿฅฐ

Eve (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Terrific Review Eve :)"

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ด ๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ, ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ! ๐Ÿ’ž

Eve (Between The Bookends) Bex (Beckie Bookworm) wrote: "Great review Eve ๐Ÿฅฐ"

Tิ‹ฮฑษณฦ™ส‚, Dฯƒส…ส…! โค๏ธ

message 13: by Kate's Corner (new)

Kate's Corner Fab darling

Eve (Between The Bookends) Kate's Corner wrote: "Fab darling"

Thanks, Love! ๐Ÿ’— I hope all is well with you! ๐Ÿ˜˜

message 15: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany Hook Awesome Review!!

Eve (Between The Bookends) Tiffany wrote: "Awesome Review!!"

Thank you! ๐Ÿ’—

message 17: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Terrific review Eve! :)

Eve (Between The Bookends) Aisling Zena wrote: "Terrific review Eve! :)"

๐Ÿ…ฃ๐Ÿ…—๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…š ๐Ÿ…จ๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…ค! ๐Ÿ’œ

Flavs is Mrs David Gandyโ™ฅ~โ™ฅโ€™ Awesome review. At times I was like what the hell was I reading now, lol.
But definitely a good read

Eve (Between The Bookends) Flavs is Mrs David Gandyโ™ฅ~โ™ฅโ€™ wrote: "Awesome review. At times I was like what the hell was I reading now, lol.
But definitely a good read"

Thanks, Love! It was an impressive debut for sure.