Melanie's Reviews > Not My Daughter

Not My Daughter by Kate Hewitt

Wow, the second part of this title alone warned me, so I knew it was coming, yet I still cried. It definitely is a tear-jerker. Actually, it’s not. It’s a lot more dramatic than a tear-jerker, it is a down and out sobbing worthy story. I became emotionally attached to these characters early on and I felt their emotions throughout their journey; I felt elation, sadness, grief, anguish, excitement, hope, confusion, hurt, anger, depression, love. Then I felt all of them all over again. Not My Daughter tells a story of a woman who wants nothing more than to be a mom, but fate has a different plan. Not to be told no, Millie decides to go forth with a plan that will help her achieve her ultimate dream. Was the result because she played with fate, with the future? Should she have left it alone and be motherless? So many questions ran through my mind but then I “met” Alice. I can see her blonde ringlet curls, her big joyous smile, her laid back and happy personality towards life... How can you question anything that helped bring her to life? How can you try to provide answers or reasons behind what is to come? You read the book and you, too, will have the same questions.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not My Daughter.

April 6, 2019 – Started Reading