Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > One Summer in Paris

One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan

bookshelves: 2019, arc, publisher

One Summer in Paris is about two women, Grace Porter and Audrey Hackett. They live in different worlds until their worlds collide in the City of Lights.

Grace lives in Connecticut. She's married and has a teenage daughter, Sophie. She visits her grandmother, Mimi frequently who's living in an assisted living. Grace is happy with her life and she's excited about celebrating her twenty-five-year anniversary. She has planned to surprise her husband with a vacation of a lifetime, a trip to Paris for one month. At dinner and before she's able to discuss her plans, her husband David proceeds to let her know that he has fallen in love with another woman. A younger woman who's closer to her daughter's age. David wants a divorce.

Thousand of miles away, Audrey Hackett is trying to save enough money to leave her home in London and move to France. Audrey is dyslexic and going to college is not in her plans. Her mother is an alcoholic. Growing up with her mother was difficult and Audrey is ready to leave it all behind. Lately, things have been better after her mother starting dating Ron. Audrey has felt responsible for her mother but with Ron in the picture, she thinks she can move on.

Grace, not wanting to lose her vacation, decides to go to Paris by herself. Here she meets Audrey. Their paths will cross and a new friendship will blossom.

One Summer in Paris was quite entertaining. I like both female characters. Despite having different personalities, they complemented each other quite well. They were there for each other when one needed the support. They also help each other grow and defeat their fears.

Cliffhanger: No

3.75/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by HQN Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Summer in Paris.

April 4, 2019 – Started Reading
April 4, 2019 – Finished Reading
April 5, 2019 – Shelved
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: publisher

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

❤️ Paulette "Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙"

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: ""Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙""

Thank you, Paulette.

message 3: by Madison (new) - added it

Madison Warner Fairbanks Thanks for the review Sheyla. This one is on my shelf so I'm glad to see you liked it.

Sheyla ✎ Madison wrote: "Thanks for the review Sheyla. This one is on my shelf so I'm glad to see you liked it."
Thank you, Madison. I hope you enjoy it.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Terrific review Sheyla!

message 6: by Yun (new)

Yun This sounds like a really sweet and heartwarming book. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Sheyla! Great review! :)

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Terrific review Sheyla!"
Thank you, Lindsay!

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "This sounds like a really sweet and heartwarming book. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Sheyla! Great review! :)"
thank you, Yun. I love that the story was in Paris.