megs_bookrack's Reviews > Just One Bite

Just One Bite by Jack Heath

bookshelves: arcs-to-read, 2019-releases, thriller-mystery-to-read

My favorite cannibal returns to the page in this second installment of the Timothy Blake series!

Timothy Blake is brilliant. He's also as morally grey as you can get. Working as a civilian consultant for the FBI, Blake contributes a lot to the investigations he works, as it is easy for him to get into the mind of a killer.

In this second book, Blake is moonlighting as a 'body disposal expert' for a local crime lord and during the course of that work, stumbles across a naked corpse in the woods, which he promptly brings home. As you do.

Unfortunately, the next case he gets called in on to help the FBI with is to look for that missing man. The man now currently residing in his freezer. How is Blake going to solve the crime and get away with hiding the body?

Guys, I am so into Jack Heath's writing. It is so good. It draws you in. It is easy to read, never overwrought. It is dark, grisly, disturbing -- not for the faint of heart -- morbidly humorous...all these things and more!!!

If you are sleeping on this series and you like dark, original stories, you need to make time for this. Hangman, the first book in the series, was one of my favorite police procedural thrillers of 2018. It really stuck with me. I was so psyched to be getting a second book with Timothy Blake. Now, where this one leaves off, there DEFINITELY needs to be a third book!!!

Thank you so much to the publisher, Hanover Square Press, for providing me with a copy of this to read and review. I am so in love with this series and I will never stop recommending it to readers who enjoy darker content. I am highly anticipating the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Bite.

April 5, 2019 – Shelved
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs-to-read
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-releases
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller-mystery-to-read
May 28, 2019 – Started Reading
May 31, 2019 –
17.0% "I'm so happy to be back with Timothy Blake!
My favorite cannibal!

"
June 5, 2019 –
June 6, 2019 –
36.0% "How the heck is he going to get away with this!?!? I know he's brilliant but....gahhhhhh....the suspense is killing me!

P.S. Jack Heath is a really good writer, y'all. It's just so smooth, fun and easy to read. Not overwrought in any way. I appreciate that."
June 7, 2019 –
June 9, 2019 –
June 11, 2019 –
78.0% "Maybe leopards really can change their spots?

"
June 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy I love a review that starts out "My favorite cannibal" - glad you enjoyed it! :)

megs_bookrack Kristy wrote: "I love a review that starts out "My favorite cannibal" - glad you enjoyed it! :)" I can honestly say that is something I have never written before! ;)

message 3: by William (new)

William Sounds fun! Thank you for the review!

megs_bookrack William wrote: "Sounds fun! Thank you for the review!" Thank you so much, William! It was a lot of fun to read! :)

message 5: by MeaganCM (new)

MeaganCM Sounds awesome! I added to my TBR. I haven't had any luck with thrillers lately, but this sounds just dark enough for me!

megs_bookrack MeaganCM wrote: "Sounds awesome! I added to my TBR. I haven't had any luck with thrillers lately, but this sounds just dark enough for me!" Awesomeness, Meagan ❤ I hope you enjoy it. They are police procedurals though...I know not everyone is crazy about those but if you do, I think you could really enjoy these ones! Xo

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Great review, Meg!! Love those fun gifs you use :)

megs_bookrack Mackenzie - PhDiva Books wrote: "Great review, Meg!! Love those fun gifs you use :)" Thank you so much, Mackenzie! xo

message 9: by Ella (new)

Ella Heart Awsome Review Meg❣

megs_bookrack Ella wrote: "Awsome Review Meg❣" Thank you so much, Ella! I appreciate that! xo