Tabby - Shattered Hearts Reviews's Reviews > Flat-Out Love

Feb 14, 2012

bookshelves: kindle-books-i-own
Read from February 14 to 15, 2012

Original Review can be found - Here

Simply Amazing. - If I could end this review with just those 2 words, I would. There is honestly no other way to describe this book. Wait! Yes, there is. Breathtaking, Astonishing, Beautiful, Charming, Wonderful, Enchanting... I could go on and on.

Here you have Julie, who, stranded without a place to go, finds herself staying with a roommate her mom had in college. She notices that there is just something not right with this family. The parents are never there, Finn is "away", Matt is like a parent to his sister - and the center piece of the family-, Celeste, who is for some reason carrying around a life size cardboard copy of her brother that she calls "Flatt Finn". Issues much?

Between juggling school, helping out with Celeste and trying to live her life, Julie soon finds herself having late night Facebook chats with Finn, the brother who is away being this grand adventurer. Within the months that follow, Julie becomes closer to Celeste and begins to find herself falling for Finn. So why does she find herself asleep in not Finn's, but Matt's arms one night?

Not soon after that, everything comes to a head. Celeste has a breakdown and everything that was suppose to stay hidden comes out.

What do you do when you find out the person you "love" isn't really who you thought?
How do you handle your entire world crashing around you and not knowing a single thing to do to stop it?

Watching this story unfold was shocking. I must say, I did not see the ending coming at all!
This story was written with so much feeling that I literally spent the last 10 minutes crying. - GOOD CRY! - okay, well some bad cry!

The sparks that fly, the relationships that make it and those that don't, along with the trials and heartbreak and the never ending secrets, all tied in with love, lust, family and friendship, made this book one of the best reads that I have had in a long time!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat-Out Love.