Eva Leger's Reviews > Table 21

Table 21 by T. Rafael Cimino

Feb 14, 2012

bookshelves: b-fiction, first-reads, mafia-related
Read from March 06 to 08, 2012

First, thank you to the author for signing this. I collect my signed books and keep them so that was a nice surprise.

About the book: I was a little leery entering for this. I don't like to waste my wins so I tend to be a little selective when entering on FirstReads. I could tell this was self-published (or something of the sort) and quite frankly, that scares me.
There's a whole lot of people out there who want to be authors. The problem? They can't tell a story. Or construct a sentence.
By nature I'm a pretty nice person so I don't like to be "mean". I can be though and I feel it's my right as a reader to review honestly so I can get past it and get "mean" if I have to.
I didn't have to here! Cimino can write! He can even tell a story! The countdown isn't something done all the time (and sometimes it's not even done well by an established author) so that was a nice touch.
The characters were damn near flawless. It wasn't the most realistic story - I love realisticness (I think this is another made up word of mine? But that's okay. I like it.) - but I also wasn't expecting that so it ended up not mattering.
Editing - and this is important folks - the editing is done well. I'm not going to say there are no mistakes but I will say that none popped out at me. And that leaves me one very happy reader.
I'd read another book of Cimino's without a second thought, providing the description is interesting to me.
I'd suggest not passing this up - it's truly one of the good ones.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Table 21.

02/26/2012 page 1
0.35% "starting next ~ this is one of my last FirstReads wins and it looks good! *{Fingers crossed*}"
03/07/2012 page 57
19.86% "I think my FirstReads streak is back on track!"
03/08/2012 page 129
44.95% "This is GOOD!! With a little luck I'll finish today. If this gets into the right hands Cimino's name will be KNOWN...."
05/22/2016 marked as: read