G.J. Griffiths's Reviews > Dinosorcerers

Dinosorcerers by Nathan Milner

liked it
bookshelves: amusing, children-s, fantasy, my-reviews

Dinosaurs and magic! What a great combination for a story aimed at 9 to 10 year old children. This story has an intriguing start when Charlie is tempted to follow some signs in a museum that read “Dinosaurs Alive” and lead him into his adventure. There are many twists and turns and exciting events all of the way through this tale of dinosaur wizardry, with good and evil constantly battling. Charlie’s feelings and his love of all things prehistoric are well expressed by the author. Although it is a first chapter type of book for youngsters I thought that the inclusion of some simple illustrations, particularly of named dinosaurs in the story, would have greatly increased its appeal. My own grandchildren would love this book but would find some of the US English strange, for example “dove” occurs often and in the UK it is a “pigeon”. I think they would also wonder how come the talking dinosaurs from 65 million years ago knew that their names were the same as that used by modern palaeontologists. But I suppose where magic and sorcery are included then almost anything is possible! My main criticism would be the ending, which I found confusing and too briefly wound up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dinosorcerers.

Started Reading