Karen's Reviews > Every Day in Tuscany: Seasons of an Italian Life

Every Day in Tuscany by Frances Mayes

Feb 14, 2012

did not like it

Oh. My. God. Beyond tedious. I can't even begin to describe how much I do not care about this book. It just doesn't flow. I really loved Under The Tuscan Sun. It had a focus and a purpose. But this thing is a collection of whining anecdotes and whatever else happened to pass through the author's mind at the time that should have been kept to herself. The writing style started to grate on my nerves and I was so distracted I couldn't get through one whole page. She's all over the place. The writing is so abstract I could barely tell what was going on. And it's titled Every Day In Tuscany, but a portion of it is about trips outside of Tuscany. Severely disappointed. Read it for the recipes, if at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Day in Tuscany.

February 14, 2012 – Started Reading
February 14, 2012 – Shelved
February 17, 2012 – Finished Reading

Sherri I totally agree. Loved the first book, could barely finish this one.

message 2: by Lori (new) - rated it 1 star

Lori Totally agree...I think she's trying to milk this for every last euro she can pinch out of it.

Karen Lori wrote: "Totally agree...I think she's trying to milk this for every last euro she can pinch out of it."

It is definitely all about the euros. She spent so much time on how much money she didn't have to spend on all the Tuscan real estate she owns, while at the same time telling us all about her vacations and the olive oil she sells from her personal olive groves.

Michelle I completely agree!!

message 5: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Ditto. I'm not even finishing the book. Seems like unedited journal entries. She can barely keep a sentence focused on one thought, let alone a paragraph.

Karen Seriously Sheila! Did she even have an editor?