Anastacia's Reviews > A Breath of Snow and Ashes

A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

Jul 19, 2008

bookshelves: historical-fiction, 2015, reread, library, e-books, romance, time-travel, series
Read 2 times. Last read July 8, 2015 to November 29, 2015.

** spoiler alert ** I still don't know how to write a review for this book, even after I finished it a couple of days ago. So this is more just general thoughts about the book then a 'real" review.

- the book drags, alot. This one just seems really slow going.
- the story line seems to circle a lot. (spoiler) Claire gets kidnapped, and raped, then she and Jaime get dragged off all over the place, and then Brianna gets kidnapped by the reoccurring bad guy. Really? All in one, albeit very long, book?
- Roger out of nowhere decides to become a minister, and just coincidentally can become one conveniently close, the exact same faith that he is. Gee, what are the odds?
- good thing the big murder of the book gets solved right at the end. Ooh, coincidence!
- I still love reading about Jaime and Claire, but man oh man does she ever worship him and man oh man, is he ever always perfect. It's getting a little old.
- I think this book is really where I feel the series starts to decline. I still really liked this one, and will most likely reread it (again), but I don't love the series like I did

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breath of Snow and Ashes.

Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)
July 19, 2008 – Shelved
July 19, 2008 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
November 9, 2014 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
November 9, 2014 – Shelved as: print-books-i-own (Hardcover Edition)
November 9, 2014 – Shelved as: fiction-books-i-own (Hardcover Edition)
July 8, 2015 – Started Reading