Heather (hungrycookiemonster)'s Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Feb 13, 2012

bookshelves: adult, favorites, reviewed, normal
Read from April 13 to 14, 2012

Original review posted on: heathersworldofbooks

I give Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James, 5/5 stars for being beyond all my expectations and extremely well written.

My feelings on Fifty Shades of Grey: *skip this is you want to read my review*

Let me start out by explaining that if you haven’t heart a thing about this novel, you are seriously living under a rock. Fifty Shades of Grey is the new hype right now in popular culture; from skits on Saturday Night Live, to Ellen Degeneres trying to narrate the book, this novel is being talked about everywhere and by everyone.

However, I can honestly say, half the things I have heard about Fifty Shades of Grey are WRONG .

That’s right, wrong. The things people say when discussing Fifty Shades of Grey , had me removing it from my TBR list on many occasions. In order to prevent anymore scare tatics, let’s clear things up:

1.No Anastasia is not hung from a ceiling and whipped with a pancake maker. - A pancake maker?

2.Christian does NOT turn Anastasia into his dog (resembling the movie Centipede). - This movie was disgusting. Please never mention this again.

3.Fifty Shades of Grey should be considered a step-back in women’s rights. - Ah, please stop. That is ridiculous. If you think this novel will take women’s right to vote and etc away, keep dreaming.

4.Fifty Shades of Grey deserves to be banned in every library. - Great idea! Let’s start the oppression.

Fifty Shades of Grey Review:

Anastasia Steele finds herself in a very interesting situation when she, instead of her friend Kate Kavanagh, is sent to interview the mysterious Christian Grey (CEO of Grey Enterprises Holding INC.) Having never heard of this business guru, Anastasia is in for quite a surprise when she finds he’s more than what she was expecting. Christian Grey has set his sights on Anastasia and has no intentions of letting her go.

Fifty Shades of Grey is definitely unique. Many times, this novel begs the reader to step out of their comfort zone and into the mind of Christian Grey. Underneath Christian’s cold and driven attitude is someone very scared by the devastating events in his early life.

Anastasia Steele:

Anastasia Steele is the kind of heroine that needs to be recognized. She is smart, pretty, brave and very strong willed. I was so amazed by how she was able to handle herself throughout this entire novel. Not many people are willing to leave their comfort zones and allow life to take them on journey wherever it may land. Anastasia is by far one of my new favorite heroines.

Christian Grey:

I found myself able to really connect with Christian and understand why he chooses to live the way he does. Since this was the case, I was able to see through his exterior into the little boy that I knew still existed inside of him; the one still looking for acceptance and love.

Recommend?:

Yes, yes, YES. Is that enough of an answer? No? You want more? Okay. How about this...this novel will blow your mind apart and make you questions things you never thought you would. A total game changer you want to be a part of. Read it now.
1 like · flag

04/13/2012
2.0% "Unless this is legit last minute change of plans, Ana should have at least googled the man."
04/14/2012 page 34
6.0% "There goes my innocent mind. Wtf is a nipple clamp?"
04/14/2012 page 183
35.0% "There goes my innocent mind. Wtf is a nipple clamp?"
04/14/2012 page 309
59.0% "This email idea is brilliant! I'm loving this novel. New obsession? Maybe." 2 comments
04/14/2012 page 390
74.0% "Christian really is a sweet man though he can be quite weird at times. I think he may make my top men list."
show 1 hidden update…

Kerrie Should I be buying this book?

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) YES! Definitely one of my favorite series. Mandy thinks so too I must add. Very hussie approved.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim Keza, it's $10 in Big W...they seemed to have a hell of a lot of copies in there today.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim I don't think I can read it, not if it's as smutty as I've heard and with the main character having my sister's name...I'm not sure I can handle it. But I entered a competition to try and win a copy.

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) It's smutty. I will add that during 95.5% of the smutty and down time the hero, Christian, addresses to the heroine as Anastasia (he prefers her original name to Ana).

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim I still don't know how I'd deal with that. I'll think about it. I'll wait to see if I get one of the 50 copies that I entered to win and then I'll decide from there.

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) Good idea. If you win, it must be meant to be that you read it.

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim That's my way of seeing it :P

Mandy Rosas since I ways mentioned here, I feel I must confirm it: it's hell smutty, but OMG so good. It's my guilty pleasure ;)

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) A guilty pleasure indeed lol.

Kerrie Ok I'm ordering all the books :P

Heather (hungrycookiemonster) Yes! Whoo for peer pressure!

Mandy Rosas *gigglesnort* I see what you did there, Heather xD hope you like them, Kez :b

Kerrie Lol! I'm sure I will :D