Ivy Bookdragon's Reviews > Beasts of the Frozen Sun

Beasts of the Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

U 50x66

Oh Gods, what a glorious book!

I love everything Beasts of the Frozen Sun has to offer: the characters, the story, the pacing, the world building, the mythology, the magic system.
Even the brutal battle scenes and frightening aftermaths because even if most is just hinted at the scenery is real enough to read between the lines.

Jill Criswell's writing is beautiful, she brings unique characters to life and she knows how to create great chemistry between them.
Of course, I love Lira and Reyker the most, but can we just appreciate the wonderfully written Quinlan? He is a true hero, noble, generous, lovely.
And then there is Draki, one of the best villains I ever came across in a book. He is cold, cruel and terrifying, even more so because of his icey beauty.

Beasts of the Frozen Sun is a great start to an epic story and I hope there's at least a second book coming soon. That ending nearly killed me.
I need to see where the fates take Reyker and Lira next. Burn bright. Love fiercely.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for giving me the chance to read this great book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beasts of the Frozen Sun.

April 2, 2019 – Started Reading