Ezmirelda's Reviews > Phantom

Phantom by L.J. Smith

Feb 13, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: 1-star, dissapointing, made-me-mad, vampires

Let's get this straight--I WILL NEVER READ THIS BOOK. NO FORCE ON THE ENTIRE PLANET CAN GET ME TO TOUCH THIS BOOK WITH A 10 METER STICK.

WHY?

BECAUSE MY FAVORITE AUTHOR L. J SMITH DID NOT WRITE THIS BOOK.

Whoever the low-life GHOSTWRITER is who wrote this should be ashamed of themselves. You will never ever live up to L.J Smith's expertise. It's sad to know your only reason for writing is to get money, and that because of you the rightful author of this book can no longer continue with this series.

Go here to find out exactly WHY I won't ever touch this book, or any of the rest of this series for that matter:

BRING BACK L.J SMITH! Ghostwriters can never be even remotely close to her level of greatness.

If I could give this abomination negative stars I would. The 1 star is a thousand times more than this book will ever amount to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phantom.

03/26 marked as: read

message 1: by Ezmirelda (last edited Feb 14, 2012 02:33PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda I will not ever support a ghostwriter while the real author of the book series is still alive, but it is not directly Harpers fault that this incident happened. :/

Ezmirelda Wendy wrote: "Looks like it's Alloy Entertainment's fault. Authors have to be so careful when they sign contracts about their rights. :( It's all so overwhelming and confusing."

Yeah, it seems to be Alloy E's fault. It completely stuns me how everything that happened to her is legal. :(

message 3: by Ezmirelda (last edited Feb 14, 2012 02:30PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ezmirelda Wendy wrote: "It's very scary. Authors get the raw end of the deal in so many ways, and their hands are tied if they want to be published."

We're discussing this over at my blog. Some of the people in the comments know about the legal stuff and explained it to me. I no longer blame the publisher, for what happened, although I am a bit peeved that they're allowing it. It's all part of the "business" and due to having a really horrible agent LJ was not informed about what entails writing "for hire" until about a year ago. Hope this whole catastrophe doesn't stop her from publishing again with someone different.

Here's a link to the post:

☄ ari OMFG it was a ghost writer???!!!! HOLY SHIT!!

message 5: by Brie (new)

Brie So depressed. Lj smiths ideas from Bonnie and Damon were amazing :( I would have loved Xander too...

Ezmirelda Brie wrote: "So depressed. Lj smiths ideas from Bonnie and Damon were amazing :( I would have loved Xander too..."

Yeah, it's really sad. :(

Ezmirelda Jennifer wrote: "You do get introduced to Xander in Moonsong, even though its not written by LJ."

I haven't caught up with this series so I don't know who that character is.

Sabrina Thats why i'm not reading any more of the seires.

Jordan It drives me absolutely crazy that we'll never know what happens, especially after such a cliffhanger ending in the last (real) book!

Felicia Unfortunately I read this one before I knew it was done by a ghostwriter. I knew something was wrong when I was reading it. It just didn't sound or feel like LJ smith. So needless to say I haven't read anymore!!