Natalie M's Reviews > 19th Christmas

19th Christmas by James Patterson

did not like it

The one star because I can’t give a zero! Why, oh why, do I persist with Patterson and his posse of co-writers (oh yeah, they get my money)! I’m done with this JP series for good!

Women’s Murder Club has become a cast of one - Boxer!
Cindy appears briefly in the weirdest side story of the decade.
Yuki, the same, some weird side story that is so unbelievable it is unbelievable - pretty sure you’ll forget she even appeared.
Clare...a tango (literally) at the end.
Plot...starts off well enough but what the...again literally...what? This next comment may be considered a spoiler...there is absolutely no rhyme, reason or resolution to the plot. No idea what was even meant to be stolen!
As for the Epilogue - I actually turned back to see if I was reading a preview of the next book...nope ...some weird ass twist involving Joe!

If an English student wrote this they’d fail.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 19th Christmas.

April 2, 2019 – Shelved
April 2, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
November 13, 2019 – Started Reading
November 15, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee Oh no!! Very honest review Natalie

Matt Sorry this one fell short for you, Natalie.

Valarie Spot on Natalie!

message 4: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma You are so right about the side plot with Cindy. I don't mind political points being made in stories, it's kind of impossible not to make them even if you just believe in maintaining the status quo, but how you make them matters. This subplot was handled with zero grace and zero emotional investment. It felt like one more disjointed thing they were throwing in the mix because of market research.

Now I know why I didn't realize if Clare was even in this book, because she didn't come in to the end, and by that point my mind was consumed with thoughts of the money I wasted on this book. Her and Cindy were so close at the start of this series. What a joke.

I'm done too.

message 5: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Bellamy Don't give Patterson any more money.