Katherine's Reviews > Osgood As Gone

Osgood As Gone by Cooper S. Beckett

I just finished reading Osgood As Gone. It was such a dark and twisty page turner! It has a detective noir feel, with a helping of cosmic horror, characters you can get attached to and just in case your imagination isn’t up to the task, there are even a few spooky pictures.

It centers around Prudence Osgood, a ghost hunter and podcaster who is a bit down on her luck. She is dealing with serious chronic pain from a previous car accident and the heartbreak of losing her best friend and one time love, Audrey, in a very public falling out. One day she receives a mysterious text message from an untraceable sender. As she and her friend Zack investigate they get get pulled into a mystery involving missing people and a band whose lyrics have a meaning no one could guess. It may even give Osgood the chance to reconcile with Audrey again.

I really enjoyed reading a story like this with a female lead. It took me a little bit to warm up to Osgood but by the end of the book I just wanted more. Though not front and center, the relationship between her and Audrey was one of my favorite things about the book. It really allowed Osgood to evolve as the story went on.

I don’t want to say too much about the overall mystery in the book as to not to give it away. I will say though, that it kept me guessing and I really enjoyed the twists and turns.

I am excited to see where these characters go next!

You should check out this book if you...
— enjoy creepy, scary stories or spooky mysteries
— like a strong, queer, female protagonist
— are a fan of podcasts like Tanis or The Black Tapes
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Osgood As Gone.

March 17, 2019 – Started Reading