Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > Gypsy King

Gypsy King by Devney Perry

20997898

bookshelves: arc

In Gypsy King, Devney Perry introduces us to Clifton Forge, Montana—a town that is small, but thrives with secret histories and untold stories centered on its dismantled motorcycle club, Tin Gypsy. Intertwined with an undeniably thrilling mystery and intense, suspense-filled atmosphere, this author created a near flawless enemies to lovers romance that held my undivided attention.

We’d rid the world of evil men, even though we’d been devils in our own right.

Former MC President, Kingston “Dash” Slater is charming and protective—a dangerous, irresistible combination that will send your heart soaring and incite stomach-induced fluttering butterflies. Once unaffected by misconduct and lawlessness, Dash’s traded in criminal behaviour and now manages a humble, honest mechanic shop.

Passionate and resolute, Bryce Ryan is determined to create a headline that will enrapture her audience and escalate her career status. Bryce’s adamant attitude to succeed combined with a considerable strength and formidable stance creates a fierce, but stubborn contender. However, underneath her persistence lies a fast witted and loving woman with soft understanding.

We’d only shared a single kiss, but he was right. Given the sparks that crackled when we were in the same room, we’d be incredible together. The chemistry, mixed with our mutual dislike of one other, would ignite like fireworks. We’d probably set the sheets on fire.

Dash and Bryce have a connection constructed with indescribable, heated chemistry and fortified by an inevitable transition into reliance when they focus on unravelling a murder. I love the zeal; the fervent hate to love and slow burn romance they cultivated and allowed to flourish into something profound.

I have minor issues with this series' introduction—the rushed romance; Dash’s unrealistic personality change; and the unresolved murder conclusion. Gypsy King isn’t that dark and the motorcycle feature is limited, but this author’s writing is flawless and her ability to weave a narrative deserves to be recognised.

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gypsy King.

April 1, 2019 – Shelved
April 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 12, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
October 14, 2019 – Started Reading
October 15, 2019 –
October 16, 2019 –
October 17, 2019 –
October 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Awesome review, Rochelle! Glad you enjoyed x