Maria's Reviews > Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff

Decluttering at the Speed of Life by Dana K. White

bookshelves: audio-books, contemporary, eye-catching-title, non-fiction, overdrive-navy, overdrive-army, self-help

Minimalism and Marie Kondo are enjoying popularity right now, but what about the rest of us who don't have time or the energy to see what sparks joy or donate everything and live in a van? Those of us with procrasti-clutter, like the loads of clean clothes on the couch or chair? How can you declutter when you still have to live your life?

Why I started this book: Eye catching title and the feeling that I am slowly being overwhelmed.

Why I finished it: White's humor and practical approach was a reminder that no matter how bad the job is, a five minute start can make things better. She was clear that we don't live in a perfect world and that most of us don't have time to stop everything and declutter the whole house in a day or a week. That we need to break it down into rooms or zones and that it's best to start in the open, high impact rooms. I liked her acknowledgement that as you declutter one area, that you will have to come back and do it again... but that the next time the mess will be smaller and the job will be easier. She repeats herself, but that to can be a reminder that this is a process and not a one time project.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decluttering at the Speed of Life.

April 1, 2019 – Shelved