Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Once Burned

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

bookshelves: favorites, nook-own-library, 5-stars, audiobooks-i-own, fav-vampire-books, paperbacks-i-own, fav-urban-fantasy
Read 2 times. Last read January 1, 2020 to January 3, 2020.

This series is in the same world as the Night Huntress series. You can read the Night Prince series without reading the other, but I highly recommend reading Night Huntress first. Many previous characters come to visit Vlad and you can understand their relationships more if you have had the pleasure of reading the other first, but Night Prince can stand on its own.

Now, I read Once Burned when it first came out in 2012. I LOVED it! I devoured each book as they came out, but then the fourth and final book came and I never got around to reading it. When a series you love comes to an end it’s hard to finish that last book, but now I’m going to, so I’m going back and listening to the series for the first time to refresh myself.

*****

Once Burned is book one in the Night Prince series by Jeaniene Frost.

Vlad, oh Vlad. I love him. I loved him the moment he was introduced in the Night Huntress series and he is just as sexy and aragonite in his own series. I can’t tell you have happy I am that he got his own series. He’s damaged, dangerous, complex, and sexy. There is more to this Vampire than meets the eye. He’s lived through things that most people would have broke from.

Leila is a young women who had an accident that left her with some interesting side effects that changed her life. Her touch electrocutes anyone who she comes in contact with. Besides that she has the power to see the past and future just by touching an object.

These two meet in their minds first, but soon she’s under his protect. I loved these two together. Leila stands up to Vlad and no one stands up to him. They work together to find out who wants Vlad dead, who wants to use Leila to do it, and as they work together they grow closer, but will Vlad every love.

Frost is a talented writer. How she builds the romance and shows that a virgin heroine is not a burden, but a strong, capable, and special women.

Narration: Tavia Gilbert did a spectacular job. I loved her voices for all the characters, but especially Vlad. She gave him that old world charm and cariama. The story and plot come to life. I adored the audio and highly recommend this series and the audiobook.

Rated: 4.5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Burned.

February 13, 2012 – Shelved
January 1, 2020 – Shelved as: fav-vampire-books
January 1, 2020 – Shelved as: paperbacks-i-own
January 3, 2020 – Finished Reading
January 12, 2020 – Shelved as: fav-urban-fantasy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Great review!!! Love Vlad!!!💞😉💋👍

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Great review!!! Love Vlad!!!💞😉💋👍"

I love Vlad too. Still need to finish the review, but very much loved this one all over again. 🙂