Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Ten Thousand Doors of January

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow

I was instantly drawn to this book when I saw the gorgeous cover. And without even knowing what it was about, I knew I had to read it.

The Ten Thousand Doors of January is a mix between fantascy, science fiction, and romance.

I wasn't quite sure where it was headed in the beginning, but once I caught on to the story, I was fully engaged. I loved how Alix E. Harrow developed the characters. That was honestly the best thing about this book. The way that the story built upon itself was fascinating, and the literary nature of the prose was wonderful.

The first half of the book was fascinating and I did find myself losing some steam around 2/3 of the way through, but it picked up again at the end. I can't say I was super surprised by the ending but all the loose ends were tied up well.

Overall, if you're a fan of fantasy, I would highly recommend this one.

-I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, Alix E. Harrow, and Redhook Books for the opportunity to review.-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ten Thousand Doors of January.

February 27, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
February 27, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
April 1, 2019 – Shelved