Sarah Grace Grzy's Reviews > Across the Bridge

Across the Bridge by Kristin Neva

bookshelves: adult, christian-fiction, contemporary, indie

I really enjoyed this sweet, small-town story! I quickly fell in love with Drew, Marcella, and AJ. Neva writes with a simplicity and realisticity that is relatable to all readers, I think. The characters were so down to earth in their struggles and how they handled them, you can't help but empathize with and relate to them. I loved the faith themes woven effortlessly throughout, and even found myself inspired by some of them. I was very skeptical as to Marcella's belief system and practices, and while I don't feel like those issues were ever fully resolved, I could still appreciate her character arc.

One thing in particular I liked was the Michigan setting and some of the local history Neva included. It's clear that the author is either familiar with the area, or has thoroughly done her research.

All in all, this is a very sweet novel that I would definitely recommend to lovers of small-town stories and sweet romance!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Across the Bridge.

March 31, 2019 – Started Reading
March 31, 2019 – Shelved
March 31, 2019 –
45.0% "Interesting so far, and I like that it's set in Michigan. 😁 But I'm not sure how I feel about Marcella . . . I'm curious to see how the story will end."
April 2, 2019 –
72.0% "Thankfully enjoying this!"
April 3, 2019 – Shelved as: adult