Julie's Reviews > Saving the Mail Order Bride

Saving the Mail Order Bride by Linda Broday

bookshelves: 2019, e-book, netgalley, historical-western-romance, sourcebooks-casablanca

Saving the Mail Order Bride, by Linda Broday is a 2019 Sourcebooks Casablanca publication.

Before Jack Bowdre can meet up with his bride-to be, he’s arrested. As he is being transported to jail, he winds up traveling with a fiery young lady he finds himself attracted to despite his situation. But, when their stagecoach crashes, he discovers the lovely lady is none other than Nora Kane, his mail order bride.

While Jack’s situation is obvious, Nora has a few secrets some folks are determined see remain that way. This means that both Jack and Nora have a price on their heads and must stick together- at least for now.

Despite the attraction they feel towards each other, the tension between them simmers beneath the surface as they struggle to survive. Along the way they must learn how to trust each other with their deepest secrets, thoughts, and fears. However, as their enemies begin closing in on them, the couple may end up separated by circumstances beyond their control- if they make it out alive- that is.

The momentum of the first book in this new series carries over into this second installment without a hitch. The only thing different, in my opinion, was that the story seemed to have a slightly lighter tone despite the serious circumstances the couple face. That’s not a bad thing, just an observation.
I thoroughly enjoyed this fast-paced western style adventure. Nora and Jack are both wonderful characters! I think I warmed up to Nora a little more because of her positive attitude and fierce determination. Jack is carrying around some heavy baggage, which caused him to hold back on expressing his conflicted feelings and emotions.

The author did a terrific job of depicting the landscape, and scenery, as well as the social mores and attitudes of the time period. There’s plenty of suspense and danger to keep readers alert and engaged in the story, but there’s also a lot of humor and warmth in these pages, as well.

The romance is a little emotional at times, moderately angsty, but very tender and romantic. What more could you ask for?

This is another well-written, highly entertaining installment in the series! I'm feeling pretty excited about the next chapter in the ‘Outlaw Mail Order Brides’ series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving the Mail Order Bride.

March 31, 2019 – Shelved
April 16, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
April 16, 2019 – Shelved as: historical-western-romance
April 16, 2019 – Shelved as: sourcebooks-casablanca
May 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Terrific review, Julie! :)

Julie Jaline wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! :)"

Thank you, Jaline!! 💕

RedemptionDenied Great review, Julie!

Julie RedemptionDenied wrote: "Great review, Julie!"

Thank you, RD!! 😊😊

message 5: by Selena (new)

Selena Terrific review Julie!!

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Great review as always, Julie ;)

Julie Selena wrote: "Terrific review Julie!!"

Thank you, Selena!! 🤗

Julie Diane wrote: "Great review as always, Julie ;)"

Thank you, dear Diane!! 🤗

message 9: by Libby (new) - added it

Libby Wonderful review Julie! I'll try to keep this one in mind when I'm in the mood for a western.

message 10: by KAS (new)

KAS So glad you continue to enjoy this series, Julie ;) While I haven’t read many, I always enjoy a western romance. Fantastic review, my friend!! 🌷💜🌷

Julie Libby wrote: "Wonderful review Julie! I'll try to keep this one in mind when I'm in the mood for a western."

Thank you, Libby!! This is a really cute story! Someday I'm going to try reading a pure western.🤗

Julie KAS wrote: "So glad you continue to enjoy this series, Julie ;) While I haven’t read many, I always enjoy a western romance. Fantastic review, my friend!! 🌷💜🌷"

Thank you, KAS! I think you might like this series! 💕

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Lovely review Julie! :)

Julie Sandra wrote: "Lovely review Julie! :)"

Thank you, Sandra!! 🌹🤗