Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > We Call It Monster

We Call It Monster by Lachlan Walter

19253213

bookshelves: apocalyptic, speculative-fiction, review-requests

We Call It Monster by Lachlan Walter is a well-written and beautifully presented monster story which gives a great apocalyptic high to the genre lovers like myself. I enjoyed this book immensely and though I'm not a huge monster story fan yet, I absolutely enjoyed reading it!

The hero of this book is the story itself, the monsters and the different characters play a huge part in the story progression and in giving an idea to the reader about how the world collapses and how people try to cope with the downfall of society when threatened by something that is not only something incomprehensible but also ostensibly impossible to have happened. The book consists of different stories as chapters, each with a different cast of characters suffering in varying kinds of predicament.

The best part about the book was the slow build-up and the variations in pacing and tension at the right points. It kept me engrossed int he story throughout the book, right till the very end.

You can also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com

If you love reading about monsters, or if you love reading books set right in the middle of the apocalypse, you can't afford to miss reading this book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Call It Monster.

March 31, 2019 – Shelved