Stacey Pagan's Reviews > Tuscan Holiday

Tuscan Holiday by Holly Chamberlin

bookshelves: awesome

This lovely novel of a mother and daughter both coming of age is a great read! Chamberlin has done a wonderful job on researching Italy as well as a mother/daughter relationship. One can see she has put her heart and soul into this novel.

Elizabeth Caldwell planned a secret mother/daughter holiday to Italy for her daughter’s college graduation. She is looking forward to spending the two weeks with Marina before her daughter starts working in her career. However, during those two weeks, Elizabeth learns more about herself than she had ever dreamed possible.

Marina was not looking forward to the trip to Italy with her mother. She wanted to spend the last few weeks of freedom with her overbearing fiancée discussing wedding plans and their future. However, Marina is in for the shock of her life while on this vacation.

The mother and daughter realize that life isn’t always easy, and that spending time together does not always work to their benefit. Chamberlin does a fantastic job with the trials and tribulations that Elizabeth and Marina face while on this trip. Both women grow stronger on their own as well as their relationship.

I did not want to put the book down, as I wanted to see just exactly what Marina would do in regards to her relationship with her Jotham as well as how Elizabeth would spend her time alone in Florence. I’m excited to share this novel with my fellow friends, as I’m pretty certain they will enjoy this novel as well!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuscan Holiday.

Started Reading