Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)'s Reviews > The Price Guide to the Occult

The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton

The amazing team at Walker Books Australia, sent me a copy of this book to review, Thank you so much for the opportunity to read this book!

This book is well written, although slow paced, it did manage to hook me within the first three chapters. It is slow to start, but it is worth hanging in there, to learn about this magical island and it’s witches.

This book takes you on a journey to an island in the middle of knowhere, enchanted by a familial line of witches all cursed in their own way. But the Island is more than it seems, and so are its witches.
Within this book you will meet a plethora of deep characters, each with their own burden to bare, our protagonist grows up knowing the pain of neglect and absence from her mother, growing up with her grandmother instead. Her whole life, she has been terrified of her abilities, scared that she will end up just like her mother.

Of course there is a love triangle, this wouldn't be a YA book without it, and these two gentlemen are chalk and cheese. One is pure goodness, rolled in sunshine, the other is deep and brooding with a sarasctic tone to everything he says, which would you choose?

I enjoyed this book for many reasons, mainly because I wish I had the first 'burden' that we see Nor has, I wish I could communicate with animals and plants! How amazing would it be to know what your cat was really thinking!? Also because this book about magic and witchcraft is so different from many others that I have read. I also loved the diversity of the characters, Savvy is amazing and if you don't love her and wish she was your best friend, then, you my friend are missing out!

A great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Price Guide to the Occult.

March 30, 2019 – Started Reading
March 30, 2019 – Shelved
March 30, 2019 –
page 91
31.6% "I am starting to really get into this book now! So dark and gritty!"
March 31, 2019 –