Rane's Reviews > Die Buying

Die Buying by Laura DiSilverio

1987431

bookshelves: keeper, cozies-mystery-suspense

I love when an author set before a reader an intertwining mystery that may lead to dead ends, red herrings and a long list of suspects. Laura DiSilverio does just that with Die Buying. DiSilverio creates a great character in EJ a mall cop (for now) and a ex-military cop who due to an IED injury that left her with a trouble knee, retire from the military EJ still wants to be a cop and is buying her time until she lands her next dream job. In the meantime, she has a lot on her plate from dealing with an ex-spy/CIA of a grandfather with all his super spy gadgets and the local preps that trouble the mall. The biggest trouble EJ comes to face in her mall is that of dead body posed as a mannequin, in the window of an upscale boutique. EJ is thrown into the investigation when she starts to see clues that may lead her to a killer…

EJ doesn’t like to get into trouble, she knows when and what to ask due to her training and years of being a military cop. It shows by her restraint with the total asshats she has to deal along with hardheaded (but hottie) Detective Helland as she goes down the list of suspects that wanted this guy dead. The thing that really hit a cord with me about EJ is her wanting to be a cop but because of her injury she’s denied a lot of times, she doesn’t give up.

The long list of suspects at times could be troublesome which was a double edge sword in itself as there was some big red herrings but it also took up the book as all the clues added up in a great way, everything that happens does have a meaning. With the unusual setting as mall and a great cast of characters, I loved the start of this new series and looking forward to All Sales Final the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die Buying.

February 13, 2012 – Started Reading
February 13, 2012 – Shelved
February 13, 2012 –
10.0% "blah! not another asshat of a detective!"
February 14, 2012 –
February 14, 2012 – Finished Reading
February 18, 2012 – Shelved as: keeper
February 18, 2012 – Shelved as: cozies-mystery-suspense

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I just love your reviews, Rane! Even if they're not book I want to read, I love to read what you have to say about them. Nicely done!

Rane Kristen wrote: "I just love your reviews, Rane! Even if they're not book I want to read, I love to read what you have to say about them. Nicely done!"

Thank you Kristen! *hugs*

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika Kristen wrote: "I just love your reviews, Rane! Even if they're not book I want to read, I love to read what you have to say about them. Nicely done!"

Agree :) By the way Rane, have you reviewed the cheese shop? I want to know how bad it made you hungry [image error]

Rane Erika wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I just love your reviews, Rane! Even if they're not book I want to read, I love to read what you have to say about them. Nicely done!"

Agree :) By the way Rane, have you reviewed t..."

Not yet, I get to hungry everytime I start to read it! -_-;

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika Don't you say you won't finish it, lol... I'm curious thinking what kind of mystery the cheese shop has. But I'm not reading it, not before you do ;p

Rane Erika wrote: "Don't you say you won't finish it, lol... I'm curious thinking what kind of mystery the cheese shop has. But I'm not reading it, not before you do ;p"

;P Okay I'll try to pick it up again Erika for you...if I don't gain weight from eating!

message 7: by Erika (last edited Feb 18, 2012 06:45PM) (new)

Erika Yeay! [image error]
How sweet of you *hugs* Don't worry Rane, I'll cheer you up if it cost you extra pounds [image error]

Rane Thanks Erika..;P