Moo's Reviews > Tiger's Curse

did not like it
bookshelves: once-is-enough
Read on February 13, 2012

Dear writer-lady,
You need to keep your characters speaking in a certain way. If the character is centuries old and has been living in the jungle and away from the modern world then stop randomly making him speak like a normal, cliched teenager.

From the beginning, I hated the way your characters spoke. They don't sound like what you usually hear from normal young adults and the main character talks way too much and way too cheerfully -- stop with the references!

Too much pop culture!

Also, nice move with her pushing Ren away at the end. Yeah, that did wonders with the story.

Sincerely,
A Disappointed Reader.

On a more serious note:

I liked the whole cursed brothers, one is a black tiger while the other is white yadda yadda thing, but the trials and tests were... Dare I say it? Boring! Between those and the supremely cheesy-as-pizza-hut-pizza (oh, wait, it isn't at all... darn.) scenes involving romance, I can't believe I finished this book. Or maybe I can, since I started skimming and skipping full paragraphs during the second half.

I have the second book waiting patiently for me on the bookshelf, but I think I'll leave it waiting forever. From what I've heard, the second book is marginally better... but the third is a complete train wreck.

Goodbye, Tiger Saga. Maybe the next series will not feature a Bella Sue with a HUNKYMUSCULAROHMYGODHE'SGORGEOUS<333 love interest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Curse.

05/20 marked as: read

Carrie Oh! I thought that too with the whole Ren-speaking-like-an-average-teenager thing. He's a prince who hasn't spoken with humans, especially teenagers in years, shouldn't he speak more formally?

The pop culture references annoyed me too. I felt she was trying to push Shakespeare down our throats.