Sarah Sherwood's Reviews > Vermilion Lies

Vermilion Lies by L.D. Rose

bookshelves: 2019-books

In hindsight, I should have re-read the series. I realized I had forgotten so much. In the just the first few pages, I was feeling like I needed a re-fresher.

I spent at least the first half of the book wanting to punch Dax in the face. And Cindel would just never do what I wanted her to do. LOL. I love it when that happens. I want to read the stories that don't go the way I think they should. I want to be dropped into a place that's really outside of my head. Thank you.

If you pick this series up, you need to be in the mood for violence. For real. There's a lot and it's graphic.

The romance was sweet. I enjoyed the intensity of emotion from Dax. He really grew throughout the story, and I appreciated watching that unfold. I also enjoyed the way Dax and Blaze related to each other. It seemed very real the way they connected and how they spoke and thought of each other. I'm feeling ready to spend more time with Rome though.

I liked this story. Solid like. I am giving it 4 stars instead of 3 because I got so sucked in. I wanted to read it each day. Just like the other books, it was easy to slip into this world and hang out with these characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vermilion Lies.

March 29, 2019 – Shelved