Billie's Reviews > The Secret

The Secret by Michael Altieri

The reclusive life of former homicide detective Brenda Corrino has suddenly leaped from post-traumatic stress disorder recovery to something much more interesting. Murder! Her ex-partner was investigating the bizarre murder of a college student when he inadvertently let his guard down and now, he remains comatose in a hospital. She investigates as she tries to come to terms with being raped and nearly murdered while working undercover two years earlier. While broadening her investigation, more former students from the same school are ending up dead. When consoling a young widow left behind by the killer, Brenda unearths the deep dark secret that the students have been hiding from her and everyone else outside their circle.

This is the 2nd book I've read by this author and this book is as good as the first (the DVD Killer).
An interesting, entertaining read.
The story line holds your interest throughout the entire book.
There are 2 mysteries entwined into this story; you think you will have it figured out til you get to the twist ending.
I love the protagonist and the story is an action-packed thrill read.
I highly recommend reading!

I received this book from authorsxp for free and am voluntarily providing my honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret.

March 23, 2019 – Started Reading
March 24, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 29, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Michael Altieri Thank You!!!