Susan's Reviews > The Deputy's Holiday Family

The Deputy's Holiday Family by Mindy Obenhaus

The Deputy's Holiday Family

Mindy Obenhaus

THE DEPUTY'S HOLIDAY FAMILY is the second book in the Rocky Mountain Heroes series and I can't believe I waited so long to read this collection of funny and romantic stories. The story takes place in Ouray, Colorado and Mindy Obenhaus describes it so beautifully that I am ready to pack my bags and go see it for myself. Each book in the series deals with one of the five Stephens brothers. All unmarried and very very hot! What more could you ask for right?

Lacie Collier is a now a single mom who has just arrived back in town to raise her niece, Kenzie after her mom's death. Lacie is determined to give her five year old niece the best Christmas ever, but they live with Lacie's mom, and she is totally anti Christmas. When Lacie almost hits a pedestrian crossing the street, she is reintroduced to Matt Stephens, the local deputy and a boy who crushed Lacie's heart when he started dating Lacie's sister. THE DEPUTY'S HOLIDAY FAMILY deals with so many different emotions that one minute I was giggling and the next tearing up. I love when an author can do that to their readers! Don't you just love second chance romance stories?

THE DEPUTY'S HOLIDAY FAMILY will surely pull at your heart strings and make it very hard for you to put down. If you are like me, you won't be able to stop until you know what happens to all of these beautiful people in Ouray. Reading how Lacie and Matt responded to each other is very funny since both are so stubborn. Is it possible for them to get a second chance at love if they would just stop and listen to the other? I'm not going to tell you, but I will say that you really should read THE DEPUTY'S HOLIDAY FAMILY, which can be read as a stand alone, and get to know this lovable small town. Also, a big secret is revealed that shocks both Matt and Lacie to their cores. That's all I can say!

THE DEPUTY'S HOLIDAY FAMILY is an awesome way to spend the afternoon or evening. I'm so excited to continue with the Rocky Mountain Heroes series and learn more about my new found friends. Once you start THE DEPUTY'S HOLIDAY FAMILY you won't be able to put it down and will find yourself cheering for Matt and Lacie and little Kenzie too as they try to navigate their way through a very different and unique situation. Be prepared to have Kenzie steal your heart! Mindy Obenhaus will pull you in from the very first page and never let you go!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deputy's Holiday Family.

March 29, 2019 – Started Reading
page 150
April 3, 2019 –
page 216
April 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Great review!