Sue's Romance Reviews's Reviews > The Judgment of Paris

The Judgment of Paris by Rebecca  Sharp

bookshelves: to-read

The Judgment of Paris is the second book in the Odyssey Duet and it explodes with passion and angst.

The lust, hunger, devotion and yearning between Troy and Leo is palpable. I’ve never felt such an intense connection between two characters before. The passion between these two is so hot it’s panty melting. So intense its soul-searing. The devastation they feel is intense and real. Make no mistake this book will leave its mark.

I loved this couple and this duet. It was well written and the feels kept coming.

Although the sex scenes are hot, heavy and sexy, I found that it left no room for the story itself. This story ended up feeling like it was more sex driven than character driven.

I also had a difficult time with the history surrounding Leo’s wife, Amelie. I felt like it came out of left field and that it was put there simply to add drama.

Amelie, herself, is not the problem because we all knew something would arise with her. Rather the doom and gloom surrounding her family and who they are. It felt rushed, unexplored and like it didn’t belong. It made it feel like it was thrown in haphazardly. There was no real work up from book one about any of this.

Who is his ex-wife and her family, really? What does it have to do with this story?

Although Amelie’s family history left me with more questions than answers, the introduction to Quinton and the Valois has me all kinds of hopeful and excited that he will get his own book!

This is an overall astounding read that I recommend wholeheartedly!

I received an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Judgment of Paris.

March 29, 2019 – Shelved