Keri Loves Books's Reviews > Rules

Rules by Anna B. Doe

The Family She Made
I can’t believe the series is over. What an ending! I waited patiently for Max and Brook’s story and I loved where the author took us. INCREDIBLY moving, with both heartbreaking and relevant issues. The author never shys away from difficult subject matter which keeps me coming back for more.

Brook has always been a mystery, even to her best friend. No father. A mother who neglected and abused her. Choosing alcohol and drugs over her own child. The only one Brook has ever depended on is herself. She lets no one in, so that no one else can hurt her. But when she met Lia she broke that rule. They’ve been best friends ever since.

Max was good guy who looked like the bad boy. He took care of his sister and befriended Lia. He even gave up the girl he had feelings for so that she could get her HEA. He’s totally lovable and a great hockey player to boot. And him and Brook were like fire and ice.

This is their story. A story of discovery and healing. A young woman who’s learning to share her burdens and open her heart. A man who is learning to realize that it is not his job to save the people he loves. He just needs to love them and stand beside them as they fight their own battles.

You get to re-visit your favorite characters and fall more in love with them. They each have had their own struggles. The story will bring them all full circle. Everything turns out is exactly as it should. This is recommended reading for anyone who enjoys emotional NA/YA reads. I loved this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules.

March 28, 2019 – Shelved