Sheila's Reviews > A Miracle For Ann

A Miracle For Ann by Sara Fitzgerald

2039269

bookshelves: autism, christmas, relationships

“You can do this. You are the strongest woman I know,” says husband Nate to wife Kate as she contemplates yet another medical appointment. They both had great dreams for their treasured daughter, but now even hopes for a “normal” life are failing; and faith in a loving God is difficult when the trials are your child’s. With so many theories about autism, its causes and its treatment, and so little help… and so little financial help, it's not surprising the protagonists are overwhelmed.

Sara Fitzgerald’s novella blends genuinely imperfect family lives, honestly wounded faith, and the truth of homes, workplaces and neighborhoods coming together as a force for change. The result is a quick read that tells a true story through fiction. For anyone who knows about the challenges of autism, and for anyone who doesn’t know but would like to, this is a cool short introduction, and an inspiring tale of real faith, real politics, and real people. Plus it's got a dog!

Disclosure: I have family members on the autism spectrum, so I was pleased to be given an ecopy of this novella, and I offer my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Miracle For Ann.

Started Reading