Julie's Reviews > Someone to Honor

Someone to Honor by Mary Balogh

bookshelves: 2019, arc-s, romance

3.5 stars rounded up. This was another great addition to the Westcott series. Abigail Westcott and Gil Bennington are both quieter; they tend to be observers in a group. Because of this, they also tend not to be seen or understood. In this book, they do see each other and get to know each other.

Both are staying with Harry, Abigail's brother, as he recovers from war injuries. Gil has his own drama going on and Abby decides to help him. This was a quieter read and was rather serious in tone. It took me a while to settle into the slower, introspective rhythm of this book. Only once I was able to embrace the slower pace and tone was I able to truly enjoy the story. There is lots of introspection and not a lot of dialogue/action.

I did read a digital copy of the book. I would recommend a paper copy (or knowledge of how to navigate a digital copy better than I can). There were lots of characters from past books, and I had a hard time keeping them straight. A family tree (or multiple family trees?) would have helped. While this works as a standalone, I also think readers who have read this series will enjoy it more.

Thanks to the publisher and Penguin's First to Read for an advance digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone to Honor.

March 27, 2019 – Shelved