Grace Nielsen's Reviews > The Killer Across the Table: Unlocking the Secrets of Serial Killers and Predators with the FBI’s Original Mindhunter

The Killer Across the Table by John Edward Douglas

F 50x66

Although I count myself as a true crime fan I have never read many books on true crime instead I tend to watch documentaries and listen to pod casts. After reading this I am definitely going to pick up more true crime books! This book was incredible, fascinating, shocking, repulsive, gripping and more. I had not heard of the 4 main killers the interviews focused on which made it more interesting. I really liked the no nonsense approach from the writers and I think it had the perfect balance of story telling and explanations of procedures and jargon used within the FBI and criminal profiling. Obviously the subject matter is horrific and not for everyone but there was a very strong focus on the victims as it should be. At no point was there any awe inspiring or glorifying of the people who commit these most heinous crimes.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Killer Across the Table.

March 27, 2019 – Started Reading