Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)'s Reviews > Holding Out

Holding Out by Serena Bell

After a painful divorce Griffin Ambrose has turned himself into somewhat of a ladies man, the kind that doesn't do attachments and can only promise one night of fun... the emotionally unavailable kind of man. The last time he put his whole heart into a relationship it wound up shattered into a million pieces and his girl ended up in the arms of another man. So the idea of opening himself up to love again is a hard no, and keeping someone around long enough to catch feelings is far too dangerous so it's a one and done kind of thing these days. That is until... Becca Drake comes crashing into his world and makes him an offer he can't bring himself to refuse.

She has forbidden written all over her, being that she is the sister of one of his best friends, but the idea of letting another man take from her what she wants to offer up to him, is something he can't let happen. She has never given herself to a man, and for some reason she has sets her sights on him, saying that a tumble between the sheets with him would be the perfect way to relinquish her of her "V" card. In her eyes he's safe because one: she knows him; and two: he's not into commitments or love, and neither is she. She just wants one night of fun, what harm could really come of that?

Holding Out is a perfectly penned tale that will rattle your emotions, touch your heart, and keep you captivated from start to finish. As soon as these two wounded souls wandered onto the page I found myself becoming enamored with them and the story they had to tell. They had pain radiating off of them, but I also saw a lot of hope there too. They were so adamant that they couldn't catch feelings from one night, but they were sorely mistaken. You could see that they needed each other, there was an instant chemistry, but there was also a deep emotional connection too. This story did a number on me, I felt every ounce of pain, but I also felt the hopeful stirrings new love brings, and that did my heart SO good, what a beautiful story. I highly recommend you get your hands on this one, what you find waiting for you is certain to squeeze your heart!

I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holding Out.

March 27, 2019 – Shelved