Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)'s Reviews > The Hummingbird Dagger

The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Anstey

bookshelves: 2019-release

I received this E-ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

I have been holding my breath on this one. I have wanted this one since I first found out about it. I have had my request in for a few weeks and I finally got approved as of today! I am in the middle of so many books but OMG 2019 will be the death of me with all these amazing books!!!

I will get this one read and get my review up soon.

Goodreads Synopsis:

1833. After young Lord James Ellerby witnesses a near-fatal carriage accident on the outskirts of his estate, he doesn't think twice about bringing the young woman injured in the wreck to his family's manor to recuperate. But then she finally regains consciousness only to find that she has no memory of who she is or where she belongs.

Beth, as she takes to calling herself, is an enigma even to herself. She has the rough hands of a servant, but the bearing and apparent education of a lady. Her only clue to her identity is a gruesome recurring nightmare about a hummingbird dripping blood from its steel beak.

With the help of James and his sister, Caroline, Beth slowly begins to unravel the mystery behind her identity and the sinister circumstances that brought her to their door. But the dangerous secrets they discover in doing so could have deadly ramifications reaching the highest tiers of London society.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hummingbird Dagger.

March 27, 2019 – Shelved