Sarah (YA Love)'s Reviews > Revived

Revived by Cat Patrick

Feb 12, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult-lit, read-in-2012, 2012-release

Actually 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Revived ​is a fast-paced sci-fi thriller that I couldn't put down. I'm normally not into science fiction, but the medical technology developed to bring people back from the dead is really engrossing and kept me reading until the very last page. I love a book that keeps me guessing and making predictions which ​Revived ​did over and over again. I felt like I was on the same page as Daisy because just as she was questioning something or coming to a realization, I was as well. I can easily see Cat Patrick's newest novel becoming a big hit in my classroom and with teens in general for the plot alone. I can't imagine being brought back to life and then needing to move, create a new identity, and trying to keep all of that a secret. It forces Daisy to keep close relationships at bay which is difficult for any teenager. Readers might also be drawn to Revived because some are labeling it dystopian, but I think it's more futuristic science fiction. Either way it's labeled it can ladder between dystopian and sci-fi titles easily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revived.

February 12, 2012 – Started Reading
February 12, 2012 – Shelved
February 12, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-release
February 12, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult-lit
February 12, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2012
page 68
19.32% "This is a mysterious one!"
page 116
32.95% "I'm glad I decided to read this one. I love the mystery and the pacing so far. I'm wondering if this would make a good read aloud. Might try it with my next Y.A. Lit class."
page 151
42.9% "This is probably a bad idea, Daisy."
February 12, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Jillian Heise Forgotten was SO good - and has one of my favorite YA dates ever!

Good Golly Miss Holly I liked REVIVED but FORGOTTEN is so much more awesome. Go get it now :)

message 2: by Carie (new) - added it

Carie Is this a stand-alone book?

message 1: by Sarah (YA Love) (last edited May 07, 2012 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah (YA Love) Yes, as far as I know.