Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > The Unhoneymooners

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

What a fun book to read!

It had a hate-to-love relationship, twins sisters and Hawaii. What’s not to like?

When the book begins, we meet Olive Torres. A young woman who believes she’s unlucky in everything. She has so many stories where she has had bad luck and she has convinced herself that she's the complete opposite of her twin sister Ami.

Ami is lucky in everything. She wins contest after contest. When her boyfriend proposed, Ami made sure she applied to as many contests as she could to be able to win an almost free wedding. On the other hand, Olive has recently lost her job and she’s attending her twin sister’s wedding wearing the ugly green bridesmaid's dress and worse, she has to be civil to the groom’s brother, Ethan.

A couple of years ago when Ami introduced her to Ethan, she thought he was a good looking guy but then he acted mean when he saw her eating cheese curds and since then, animosity is their only line of communication.

After the wedding and due to a strong case of food poisoning, the newlyweds are unable to attend their honeymoon in Hawaii. Ami offers her non-refundable honeymoon trip to Olive and Ami's fiancee, Dane offers his to Ethan.

A paid vacation to Hawaii, who wouldn't want to go there? But what could go wrong with this plan?

Well maybe encountering her new boss and Ethan’s ex-girlfriend was not part of their plan. Now in order to survive these meetings, they will need to call a truce and work together.

Christina Lauren is an unstoppable duo. Their romcoms are one of my favorites. Their main characters are so memorable and fun to read.

Gosh, it was so easy to fall in love with Olive and Ethan. Together, they were gold! They had a fantastic banter but also an insane chemistry. I was rooting for them to open up and reveal their true feelings.

I'm a sucker for a hate-to-love novel and The Unhoneymooners is the epitome of one.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Gallery Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unhoneymooners.

March 25, 2019 – Started Reading
March 25, 2019 – Shelved
March 25, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

❤️ Paulette "Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙"

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: ""Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙""

❤️ Paulette Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: ""Happy Reading & I 🙏🙏 you enjoy your read "L💕ve 💙""

Always Pleasure L💕ve ツ

(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas Glad this was such a fun read. I'm looking forward to it! 😊

Sheyla ✎ (Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas wrote: "Glad this was such a fun read. I'm looking forward to it! 😊"
Yes, it made me laugh a bunch of times. I need those type of books after so many serial killer books. :)

message 6: by Yun (new)

Yun Terrific review, Sheyla! This sounds like such a fun and lighthearted read, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Terrific review, Sheyla! This sounds like such a fun and lighthearted read, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)"
Thank you, Yun. I truly enjoyed it. These authors always make me laugh.