Evelyn's Reviews > The Cliff House

The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne

18919669

Reviewed for www.buriedunderromance.com
THE CLIFF HOUSE by RaeAnne Thayne has everything: Second chance at love, friends to lovers, a new romance, family and a little French bulldog who will steal your heart. While reading, I found myself experiencing a whole range of emotions: Interest, confusion, frustration, happiness, heart-break, gladness, sadness. You name it. From smiles to tears and back to smiles.

Daisy and Bea were teenagers when their mother died of a drug overdose. The time they spent separated in foster care left them with problems that their aunt Stella, who was barely 10 years older than the girls, had to help them deal with. The story picks up 20 years later with Stella continuing to open her home to foster children. Bea is a vibrant, successful artist with a daughter and a famous rock star for an ex-husband. Daisy is an accountant who is very private and seemingly lacks emotion. Several men are around to complicate their lives: An ex-husband and a man who saved his life, a handsome athlete and high school coach that they’ve all known since high school, and the town’s new doctor. They eventually sort it all out into three fascinating romances.

The strength of this novel is in the three main female characters, none of which is stronger or more important than the others. Their well-written stories are woven together seamlessly. While it is predictable that HEAs will be involved, it is not predictable how and when they will get there.

I have read many books by RaeAnne Thayne, and I have always come to expect an expertly told story that assumes the intelligence of the reader. I have also come to expect a wonderful romance without having to resort to numerous sex-scenes. THE CLIFF HOUSE does not disappoint on either front. It earns five stars from me.

I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and the views expressed are my honest opinions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cliff House.

Finished Reading