Peggy Jaeger's Reviews > Lion Dancing for Love

Lion Dancing for Love by Laura Boon

LION DANCING FOR LOVE by Laura Boon, the latest addition to the Deerboune Inn series, is a novel filled with emotion, decisions, dance, and love.

I love a moving on after loss story so much and LION DANCING FOR LOVE hit all the emotional points for me that I look for in a well told, emotional romance in this trope. But the one thing that Boon did exceptionally well in her book was something I don’t see often in tales of loss: having a protagonist NOT want to move on. Corey Duncan loved his wife unconditionally and in the 5 years since her loss he still feels exactly the same way for her as he did when he fell in love. He doesn’t want to meet another woman, start a new family, find a new love. He had perfection – in his eyes – and wants to continue honoring the memory of his wife and marriage. And more, he's resigned to this way of life despite the best laid efforts of his family, friends, and the town of Willow Springs, VT

Without giving too much of this lovely story away, Ms Boon discovers just exactly the emotional tether that needs to be cut in order for Corey to move on.

The heroine, Caitlyn Summers, has her own tragic past with love, but it’s not as heartwarming a tale as Corey’s.

Both of these people are so stuck in their lives, pasts, and ways, that getting them to move forward is a monumental job – something Boon tackles perfectly.

I loved this story, the characters, and the way Ms. Boon used dance to help the two of them heal their broken hearts. It was a perfect metaphor for moving forward – and backward – in life and in love.

Thank you to Netgalley and the Wild Rose Press for allowing me a sneak peak at this next book in the Deerbourne Inn series. It gets 5 well deserved stars from me because it’s a really good read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lion Dancing for Love.

March 23, 2019 – Started Reading