Katy's Reviews > Subliminal

Subliminal by Brian Blocker

Feb 12, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, galley-for-review
Recommended to Katy by: Rhemalda Publishing
Recommended for: fans of supernatural/paranormal thrillers

Disclosure: I received a free eBook galley ARC from Rhemalda Publishers in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis: Robert Dawes is a hard man to say no to. In fact, it's almost impossible not to let him have his way. After using his charm to construct the perfect life and conquer his part of the corporate world, he meets a stranger who tells him the real reason for his success.

Robert is subconsciously controlling the minds of others.

There are more people like Robert. Some want to help him develop his abilities, some want to harness his power for their own ends. As Robert struggles to control his growing power before it consumes him, he is drawn into a conflict that threatens his sanity, his family, and the future of mankind.

My Thoughts: I have yet to read a book from Rhemalda Publishing that I don’t love. This highly evocative and suspenseful thriller did not disappoint; I was kept on the edge of my seat as a I read it through in one sitting, only stopping periodically to breathe a bit when things got a bit too tense. This is a book that is not afraid to ask the big questions – if it came down to it, would you put the benefit of yourself and your family over the benefit of society? Going deeper, if you could get away with something, would you? Should you? Where should the line be drawn? What is acceptable in defense of yourself and your family? What is truly important? After reading this, I feel almost physically exhausted by all that Robert went through in his metamorphosis and voyage of self-discovery. It was awe-inspiring.

If you like a good thriller with paranormal aspects, one that is thought-provoking at the same time as it is entertaining, you will not go wrong with this terrific novel. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Subliminal.

February 12, 2012 – Shelved
February 14, 2012 – Shelved as: ebook
February 14, 2012 – Shelved as: galley-for-review
March 29, 2012 – Started Reading
March 29, 2012 –
March 29, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by B0nnie (new) - added it

B0nnie I'm surprised this book raises such interesting questions, so yeah your review makes it seem worth a try

Katy B0nnie wrote: "I'm surprised this book raises such interesting questions, so yeah your review makes it seem worth a try"

Well, it raised those questions for me, anyway :-) It didn't shy away from the tough issues, anyway. I liked it a lot and I really did find myself short of breath on several occasions, sitting on the edge of my seat going "OMG, what's next??"